For international students willing to study in Canada are required to get a study permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Along with your study permit, you will also need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for your entry in Canada. Please note that a study permit is a document that allows you to study in Canada while a TRV is a visa that allows you to enter in Canada.
Documents required for your study permit
To apply for your study permit, you will need:
- An acceptance letter from your education institution, and
- A valid passport or travel document
You must also:
Prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, and
- Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- Be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada (you may have to provide a police certificate)
- Be in good health (you may need to complete a medical exam)